Getting audio to work on DICE
Sometimes audio doesn’t always work on DICE. Here’s a tutorial to get it working:
Plug in audio to regular audio jack (not speaker+mic jack)
The output device must be plugged in!
Open sound settings (Settings -> Sound)
The settings pane can be opened up by running
gnome-control-centerfrom the command line.
- At the bottom of the pane, change input mode to “duplex”. If “duplex” is unavailable, try one of the options.
- At the top of the pane, make sure the volume is full, and the volume is not muted.
- Audio should now be working for you.
Black screen on login (WM crashing on login)
WM = window manager
Ctrl+Alt+F2to access the terminal
- Login on the terminal
- Check if it says something like “quota exceeded”. If so, you now know why your WM is not loading.
- Delete miniconda or anaconda or anything else that may be eating your storage space.
freespaceto confirm you have free storage space.
Ctrl+Dto log out of the terminal.
Ctrl+Alt+F1to return to the login panel.
- Try logging in now.