General guide, mailing list archives
Honours hurdle: Entry to Honours requires passes at 50% or above at the first attempt in at least 40 credit points’ worth of the Informatics 2 courses listed together with passes in all remaining compulsory courses, or the permission of Head of School.
INF2 Feedback: The Google Form for feeding back to the INF2 Year Reps is here!
- Useful notes: logic-1, inf1-cl
- List of topics per exam
- It’s an open book exam! Book: Discrete Mathematics and its Applications, by Kenneth H. Rosen
- new: coursework submissions are done on DICE machines using the inbuilt submit system
- Trev tutor on DMMR and part 2 - similar to Khan academy
- Worksheet: Proofs involving functions - with sample proof + proving injectivity/surjectivity
- 2016 worksheet page
Course weight: 85% for the exam, 15% across the 9 assessments. Pass requirement: 40% overall
- Useful regex notes can be found here: inf1-cl
- Tutorials start in week 3 (beginning Monday 2 Oct)
- Assignments (always due 4pm):
- Assignment 1: given 17th Oct, due 31st Oct
- Assignment 2: given 17th Nov, due 1st Dec
- Exam: it’s a closed book written 2hr exam:
- 5 compulsory short questions (10% each)
- a choice of 2 out of 3 longer questions (25% each)
- Pass: 40% overall, no exam/coursework hurdle
- (do NOT forget honours hurdle mentioned at the top of the page!)
- J&M 3ed draft
- Pump your lemma proof template
Revision Hive Mind doc: CLICK ME
- Binary number system
- Labs are drop in, and aren’t compulsory.
- Exam pass requirement: 40% overall (exam+coursework combined), and 40% in the exam
- No book is essential for this course.
- Exam, closed book:
- Pass requirement: 40% overall (exam+coursework combined), and 40% in the exam
- Software Requirements Document for a Curricular Information System
- Use Case Scenario/Diagram Example
- 2016’s coursework content, “a restaurant order-management system”: